As you heard of quartz countertops, the first thing that may come to your mind is it is easy to maintain. At the same time, the durability it provides is something beyond imagination. But this does not mean that you don’t have to maintain or take care of your quartz countertops. According to silestone calacatta gold, you do have to take care of quartz and mentioned below are some tips that you should keep in mind.
- If there are any spills,you should clear it as soon as possible. Although, it is true that the stone is not porous but the stains can easily set on them. If you wish to keep the countertops stain free, clean the spills immediately.
- To clean up the spills from the Quartz countertops, you must use a gentle cleanser. Don’t use anything hard, instead use a soft cloth to clean it. Most importantly, you must be aware that acidic cleaners should never be used on quartz countertops.
- Extreme temperature changes can be harmful to the quartz countertops. You may be wondering that the stone is heat resistant. It is true but extreme temperature changes can cause damage, so it is better to keep hot pads away from the countertops.
- If you are cutting vegetables or fruits directly on the countertops, avoid doing that because it can cause scratches. It is better to use a cutting board.
- You must never use any abrasive sponges to clean the surface. Even if the stain is tough, you can use a mild detergent and a soft brush to clean.
Now that you know how to take care of quartz countertops, you can go for it and by following the tips mentioned above, you can keep your countertops look the most fresh and stunning for many more years to come. Also, you must keep in mind before you go for the natural stone, make sure that you are purchasing them from a trustworthy store which is known for their quality services and products. Also, apart from quartz, you can go for other natural stones like marble and granite. These stones have different properties and it depends upon your preferences and needs which one you want to go for.